219 N Court St
Ottumwa, IA 52501
641-683-0039 (Collections Fax)
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The County Attorney DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors and county and township officials.
- Represent and defend the state, county, and its officers in officially related cases.
- Recover all monies (debts, fines, penalties, etc.) owing to the state or county.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and child in need of assistance cases.
The County Attorney DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits.
- Prepare wills, deeds, or other legal documents for private individuals
- Reuben Neff, Attorney